piątek, 04, czerwiec 2010 09:46
- The Metaphysics of Beauty (Lublin 1986, in Polish).
- The Controversy Over Beauty (Poznan 1992, Krakow 2002, in Polish).
- The Basic Classical Rhetoric (in Polish, Warsaw 1998, 2002).
- Metaphysics and Art (Peter Lang, 2002, in English). Review foto1
- Ethics: The Drama of the Moral Life (New York Alba House 2003 in English; 6th ed., 2002 in Polish.) He received personal thanks of Pope John Paul II for writing this work. Review foto1 foto2 foto3
- Science in Culture (Value Inquiry Book Series, Editions Rodopi, Amsterdam New York 2007, in English). Review foto1 foto2
- Beauty and Being. Thomistic Perspecitives, Pontifical Institute of Medieval Studies, Toronto 2011, pp. 269
- Metaphysics or ontology? [in Polish] Lublin 2011, 500 pages, Table of Contents
Most widely held works by Piotr Jaroszyński
Science in culture by Piotr Jaroszyński (Book)
5 editions published in 2007 in English and held by 356 libraries worldwide
"This book tries to uncover science's discoverer and explain why the conception of science has been changing during the centuries,
and why science can be beneficial and dangerous for humanity. Far from being hermetic, this research can be interesting for all who
want to understand deeper what really conditions the place of science in culture."--BOOK JACKET.
Metaphysics and art by Piotr Jaroszyński (Book)
6 editions published between 1996 and 2002 in English and Polish and held by 97 libraries worldwide
Ethics: the drama of the moral life by Piotr Jaroszyński ( Book )
4 editions published between 1996 and 2003 in English and Polish and held by 75 libraries worldwide
Beauty and being: Thomistic perspectives by Piotr Jaroszyński ( Book )
2 editions published in 2011 in English and held by 80 libraries worldwide.
Articels published in english or spanish
- New Methodological Foundations of the Metaphysical Theory of Being, Proceedings of the American Catholic Philosophical Association, 60 (1986), pp. 77-87.
- On the Nature of Beauty, Angelicum, 65 (1988) pp. 77-98.
- Bonum aut valor?, Atti del III Congresso Internazionale Etica e Societa contemporanea, Citta del Vaticano 1992.
- Pulchrum ut primum amatum et cognitum [The Beautiful as First Loved and First Known], Atti del IX Congresso Tomistico Internazionale II, Noetica, critica e metafisica in chiave tomistica, Citta del Vaticano 1991, pp. 75-80.
- Kalokagathia, Dialogue and Humanism, 5 (1994), pp. 79-87.
- SOFIA, Science and the Freedom of Man, Freedom in Contemporary Culture, Lublin 1998, pp. 539-545.
- Is There a Place for Responsibility in the Liberal Conception of Freedom?, Freedom and Responsibility, ed. Roman Kozlowski i Piotr W. Juchacz, Wyd. Naukowe UAM, Poznań 2003.
- The Relevance of the Classical Greek Conception of Slavery For Our Times, Contemporary Philosophy, 24 (5 & 6, Sept/Oct & Nov/Dec 2002), pp. 24-27.
- Christian Humanism and the Challenges of Contemporary Culture in the Post-communist Lands, Proceedings of the International Congress on Christian Humanism in the Third Millenium: The Perspective of Thomas Aquinas, 21-25 Rome, Vatican City 2004, pp. 153-160.
- Dialogue and The Pursuit of Truth In Science and Revelation, Realia, Vol. XXV, No. 5 & 6, Sep/Oct & Nov/Dec 2003.
- De Sofía a Filosofía, w: Pensamiento y Cultura, Universidad de la Sabana, Bogota 2005, vol. 8, No 1, ss. 49-56.
- Maintaining the Earth's Human Face: Christian Culture's Personalistic Dimension, Star. Saint Austin Review, September/October, vol. 6, No. 5, 2006, pp. 27-30.
- Art and Science: the Clash of Civilizations, Actas del V congreso de la sociedad de lógica, metodología y filosofía de la ciencia en España, Granada, 29 Noviembre - 1 Diciembre de 2006, ss. 703-706.
- De la filosofía a la meta-física, w: Pensamiento y cultura, Universidad de la Sabana, Bogota, vol 9, Noviembre 2006, ss. 25-35.
- Culture of Social Responsibility. Philosophical Reflections, w: Responsibilita sociale d' impresa e nuovo umanesimo, ed. E. Bettini, F. Moscarini, San Giorgio Editrice, Genova 2008, pp. 114-119.
- Freedom and Tolerance, w: The Human Person and a Culture of Freedom, American Maritain Association, Washington 2009, pp. 255-264.
- „Christian, Marxist and Liberal Ideas of Work: the Polish Experience in Last 50 Years”, w: Oikonomia. Rivista di etica e scienze sociali. Journal of ethics and social sciences, 6, Nr 3, 2007, s. 21-25.
- Sign: Between Metaphysics and Ontology, w: Semiotics 2008. Selected Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Meeting of the Semiotic Society of America, Houston, TX, October 16-19, 2008, ed. J. Deely and L. Sbrocchi, Ottawa: Legas, October 2009, ss. 627-639.
- „Aquinas’ Metaphysics versus Mythology, Ontology and Ideology”, ACTA. Proceedings of the Quadricentennial International Philosophy Congress „Thomism and Asian Cultures”. Celebrating 400 Years of Dialogue Across Civilizations. May 2011, University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines, ed. A. P. Co, P. A. Bolaños, Manila 2012, ss. 69-83.
- Los comentarios sobre Aristoteles, Universitati serviens. Księga pamiątkowa ku czci Księdza Profesora Stanisława Wilka, Wyd. KUL, Lublin 2014, ss. 429-436.
- Ontology: Unreal Reality, in: Studia Gilsoniana. A Journal in Classical Philosophy, The International Étienne Gilson Society, 3 (2014), 321-334
niedziela, 15, styczeń 2012 08:56
After 1989, the post-communist countries opened to the West. What began to arrive from the West? Where atheism had formerly ruled, sects began to report in. Where once there had been the living Church, an intense process of secularization began. Liberalism and post-modernism provided ideological support for this invasion.